Discover two proven methods to find e-commerce clients for your SMMA and learn how to target brands of the right size and niche for your agency.
Method 1: Using Instagram for Lead Sourcing (H2)
Starting with a Nucleus Brand (H3)
- Go to Instagram and type in a brand you like or one of your existing clients.
- Click on the suggested pages next to the follow button.
- Open potential leads in new tabs and evaluate their size based on follower count, engagement, and overall reach.
Evaluating the Size and Potential of a Brand (H3)
- Consider the number of followers and engagement to estimate the size of the brand.
- Look for signs of growth, such as collaborations with influencers or presence in retail stores.
- Use your market knowledge to estimate the brand’s monthly revenue.
Method 2: Using MyIP.ms for High-Volume Lead Generation (H2)
Accessing the MyIP.ms Platform (H3)
- Go to myip.ms/browse/sites
- Click on “IP owner” and select “Shopify Inc.”
- Refine search parameters, such as popularity or visits per day (300-3,000 visits is a good range).
Identifying Potential Leads (H3)
- Browse the list of e-commerce websites hosted on Shopify.
- Open up potential leads in new tabs and evaluate their size and niche.
- Download the list in Excel or CSV format for further analysis and filtering.
Filtering Leads by Niche (H3)
- Use the Command F function in Excel, Google Sheets, or Numbers to search for specific keywords, such as “eyewear” or “apparel.”
- Identify and shortlist brands that match your target niche.
Conclusion: Choosing the Right Method for Your SMMA (H2)
The first method (Instagram lead sourcing) works best for individual outreach and when you have a specific brand in mind. The second method (MyIP.ms) is more suitable for high-volume lead generation and appointment setters.
Regardless of the method you choose, it’s crucial to target e-commerce clients of the right size and niche for your agency. By doing so, you increase your chances of success and create a strong foundation for long-term client relationships.
Bonus Tip: If you’re a beginner or experienced SMMA owner looking to scale your agency, consider joining an agency incubator program to gain access to expert advice, resources, and a community of like-minded entrepreneurs.